Dr. Olatunde Jacob Oluwatola
Born OlaOluwatunde Jacob Osanyintola in Agege, Lagos, 20th March over three score years ago, he is the first male child in a sibling of six but the second child of his parents. The surname was changed to Oluwatola in 1994. Dr Oluwatola was Director of Surveillance and Enforcement, Director of Quality Assurance and Development and Director of Consumer Education at various times at Consumer Protection Council (CPC), a Federal Government of Nigeria Agency for quality market performance from 2001 – 2009. He led the Council team on many Federal Government policy interventions for better quality goods and service delivery in the Nation. Notable ones include:
- Production of National Policy on Food Safety Management and its Implementation Plan.
- Production of the Nigerian Industrial Standards for Drinking Water Quality
- Production of many Regulations at the Nigerian Electricity Regulation Commission and Nigerian Communication Commission that will promote market driven growth to electricity and telecommunication services in the Country.
- Advertising Standards Panel resident at APCON, Lagos, Nigeria.
- Presidential Advisory Committee on Migration from Analog to Digital Broadcasting (Adhoc)
- QSP Project Team (Steering Committee) on Strategic Approach for Integrated Chemical Management (SAICM). Produced a Draft Policy for Strategic Chemical Management in Nigeria
- Sub Chairman, Programme& Resource Persons, Organizing Committee of Ministerial Stakeholders Forum to Revamp Commerce in the Federation (2005) (Ad hoc).
- Different Stakeholders’ Fora on the Development of a Nigerian Biosafety Bill.
- Member, NBTE Accreditation Visitation Panel to Federal Polytechnic, Mubi, 12th – 16th March, 2012.
He was instrumental to the development of cross border partnerships of CPC with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), USA and South Africa Competition Commission. He retired statutorilyas Director, Quality Assurance and Development at CPC in December, 2009. Until July 2012, he remained a resident Technical Consultant at the CPCand he subsequently took a Senior lectureship (Contract) position at Olabisi Onabanjo University in the Department of Home Sciences and Hospitality Management, Ayetoro, Ogun State, Nigeria between April 2015 and March 2018.He is a Fellow of the Nigerian Institute of Food Science and Technology and now uses this platform to contribute to food security and safety issues in the Country among others. He served as a Jury member in the UNIDO mediated National Quality Infrastructure System establishment in 2017 and 2018
Dr. Oluwatola is a quality assurance expert, scholar, strategist, systems and public analyst and has facilitated many interventions for better quality service deliveries across various fields in manufacturing, management, governance, .research and commerce.
He holds a B. Sc. Degree in Chemistry (1977) (Ibadan, Nigeria), an M. Sc. (1982) (Reading, UK) and a Ph. D (1996) in Food Technology (Ibadan, Nigeria). He also holds a Certificate of Honours in Small Scale Entrepreneurship with emphasis on Quality Assurance and Strategic Marketing Management (1992) (Wageningen, Netherlands).
He is a skilled and experienced Trainer, Researcher, Administrator, Industrial and Technical Manager having worked in leading conglomerates such as Lever Brothers Nigeria Plc (1978 - 1981), UAC Nigeria (Palm Line Division) (1972-1974) and International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) in middle, junior management and clerical positions. Specifically, he contributed to improved productivity and performance efficiency over the years while he worked at Lever Brothers. He made significant impact on the development of his students while he taught at the Ogun State Polytechnic, now Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (MAPOLY) and University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, now Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) and many of his students are occupying enviable management positions in the Nation’s leading food industries across Nigeria. He is well internationally connected having been a recipient of many international research and scholarship awards. Some of these include: the Chevening Fellowship (1993), The Netherlands Fellowship (1992), the IITA Graduate Fellowship (1987 - 91) and the FGN Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship (1981). He is a man of principles and integrity. He is a problem solver to the core and has strong flair for manpower development, consulting and general or corporate Management positions.
Dr Oluwatola is happily married to Titilayo with four successful children and grandchildren.